Physlogger, developed jointly by Physlab and Qosain Scientific, is an Arduino based data logging device that can input signals from a multiple variety of analog and digital sensors. Many of these sensors are also designed by Physlab. Here are the broad technical specifications of this data logger.
|Number of channels||4 (A,B,C,D) and one I2C|
|Differential input ranges||6V, 0.6V, 30 mV (plus and minus)|
|Referenced single-ended input range||0-6 V|
|Input impedance||12.5 K Ohms|
|Differential input||All channels|
|RSE input||All channels|
|Maximum sampling frequency||1 KHz|
The device is supplied with a highly user-friendly app that currently runs on Windows. The app, also named Physlogger, can be downloaded in the form of a self-extracting executable archive. The complete source code (in C#) can also be downloaded. The software is carefully designed for ease of use and direct visual appeal. Most user adjustments are simply the click or drag of a mouse away!
The Physlogger hardware and software combo is extremely useful for cost-conscious teaching and research labs where low frequency signals are to be acquired from transducers of various kinds. Physlab is also developing an array of transducers to complement the logger.
Here are some other niceties of the Physlogger combo:
- Open, save projects
- Save data in multiple formats
- Channels can be switched on and off
- Channel displays adjustable (plot types, overlay vs cascade)
- Channel types can be configured for various kinds of sensors (thermocouples, PhysDisp – our displacement sensor, PhysBar – our pressure sensor)
- Options to upload firmware and install Arduino drivers are built into the software
- Save configuration across multiple channels
- Sensitivity and voltage resolution are adjustable in the differential modes
- Both positive and negative voltages can be seen in the differential mode
- Sampling rate is adjustable up the maximum
- Save maximum and minimum values over the session life
- Option to calibrate sensors resulting in re-scaling of data
- Complete source package. The complete package is bundled as a zip file (72 MB). Extract these files and run the application Physlogger.exe.
- User manual for Physlogger (April 2019)